The first step to apply for a fantastic experience at Golden Hills is to fill out the ONLINE APPLICATION.
**Prairie Christian Academy Applicants** Your application will be forwarded to admissions at Prairie Christian Academy. You will be contacted by their office to arrange a Skype interview. Admission is only considered after the interview.
You will have three weeks (21 days) to complete the online application, which will not be submitted until all required steps are complete. Once we receive your application, a decision will usually be made within 48 hours (excluding holidays and weekends). In some cases, we will require additional information or the completion of a language assessment before we can accept an application. We will inform you if additional information or an assessment is required.
To begin the application, you will need to select the type of application (e.g., Long Term, Short Term, GLP, Elite, etc.).
- If your application is for a period of less than one semester, select Short Term.
- If your application is for one semester or more, the most common program is Long Term. A different program (e.g., GLP, Elite, Prairie Christian Academy) should only be selected if you know that's the intent of your application.
You must also enter the legal last name, legal first name, and birthdate of the student exactly as they appear on his or her passport. If the student holds multiple passports, please work with the one that will be used to enter Canada.
If you have any questions during the application process, please contact email@example.com or by telephone at +1 (403) 934-5121 ext. 2050.
Also needed with your application are:
- The non-refundable, Registration Fee via Canadian money order, Visa, Mastercard or wire transfer.
- Attested transcripts of achievement for the past three years of school. Transcripts must be submitted in English.
- A copy of your Passport.
Certain forms are also required with your application. They are made available with the online application and are also located below for your reference or to use as needed.
The required forms needed to accompany the application as individual documents are below:
- Participation Agreement and Release Form
- Shuttle Bus Waiver Form
- Vaccine Waiver Form
- Activity Waiver Form
- Student Conduct Protocol form
- Medical Release Form
Also required with the application and forms are:
- A Letter of Intent – stating why you wish to study in Canada and your long-term academic goals (one-page maximum).
- One recent photograph of yourself and one family picture.
- TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB, CAEL or any recognized English Proficiency results if completed.
Applications will not be processed unless all of the required documents and registration fee are submitted.
Once you have received a Golden Hills International Letter of Acceptance, payment for the amount required for the full year or the amount required for one semester is due to confirm registration. Payment can be made by certified cheque, bank draft, or wire transfer. Please clearly indicate the name of the student for which the funds are intended.
Please mail funds to:
Golden Hills School Division
435A, Highway #1
Strathmore, Alberta, Canada
Note: Bank drafts must be sent via courier. To send a wire transfer, please click here and follow the prompts.
Apply for a student Visa from the Canadian High Commission in your country. Attach your Letter of Acceptance and proof of payment with your application.
Students should download the iCent App which will assist in guiding them through their arrival to Canada and provide them with an opportunity to complete a short English assessment prior to their arrival to the program.
Prepare to travel to Calgary, Alberta, Canada. You should arrive two days prior to the program start date. Please send your travel itinerary to Golden Hills International at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may fax it to 403-934-4530. Upon your arrival, you will be met at the Calgary International Airport and driven to your accommodation.