All students attending Golden Hills International will have health insurance with guard.me. guard.me is a leading provider of international student health insurance.
When a student needs to see a doctor or any kind of healthcare provider, please take their guard.me card to the clinic or hospital. In any emergency situation it is important to open a file with Guard.Me as soon as possible.
What IS covered?
- Doctor’s office or clinic visits to treat a new urgent condition
- Emergency Room treatment if urgent medical care is required outside regular clinic hours
- Ambulance fees when the student in unable to get to the hospital otherwise
- Doctor-ordered tests (e.g. blood or urine tests, x-rays)FOR MAJOR TESTS SUCH AS "CAT" OR "CT SCANS" AND "MRI'S" YOU MUST CALL THE ASSISTANCE LINE FIRST BEFORE YOU HAVE THE TESTS DONE.
- Hospital stays when necessary
- Dental work for the relief of acute pain and suffering
- Emergency dental work to repair or replace broken teeth
- Prescription medicines ordered by a doctor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: THIS IS A BRIEF SUMMARY OF BENEFITS ONLY. FULL DETAILS ON BENEFITS, EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS ARE FOUND IN YOUR guard.me POLICY. THE ACTUAL POLICY WORDING GOVERNS
What is NOT Covered (Exclusions)
- Treatment or medication to maintain a chronic, ongoing condition (such as high blood pressure)
- Unstable Pre-existing conditions (please refer to the policy for details)
- Plastic or cosmetic surgery or procedures
- Any expenses incurred before coverage starts or after coverage has expired
- Medical services provided in your home country
- Injuries sustained while participating in extreme activities such as bungee jumping, skydiving, etc
- Medications available without prescriptions (over-the-counter or OTC medicines)
- Any treatment required due to misuse of alcohol or drugs.
Guard me also offers a service called mobileDOCTOR by guard.me that allows students to connect with Candian doctors as part of their health benefits. Please follow the below link to sign up
For any payment that needs to be made to the clinic, doctor’s office or hospital up front, it is very important that you and/or the student keep all receipt/s in order to
submit a reimbursement claim.
Visit the following website to submit a reimbursement claim online: Guard me Claim form
If you need help with completing a reimbursement claim, please contact your accommodations coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be happy to assist you.